Sign by Danasoft - Myspace Layouts and Signs

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Typical Bank Holiday

Well apart from Sunday, the weekend was a washout. I hope Jack got away to Spain OK, he seemed to have some domestic problems before he left which I hope are all sorted now. My friend Chris got back from the Algarve this morning and tells me the weather has been pretty much the same there as here, ie cold and wet. The forecast here is for more rain and I feel sorry for those who have organised events planned for the coming weekend. I assume Shalbourne Fete went ahead but I haven' heard.
We welcomed home Sid and Geordie in the Plume Sunday lunchtime. They had traveled all the way to Grenada (Caribbean) to watch the test between England and The West Indies, only for the match to be cancelled due to rain, the complete pitch being waterlogged and not a single ball bowled. Now that you would not expect in April in the Carib! Global warming - I don't think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home