Sign by Danasoft - Myspace Layouts and Signs

Thursday, May 06, 2004

Mad or what?

Here is an interesting web site which I urge you to look at. It's not a blog but a sort of journal by a Russian Girl called Elena. Her website Ghost Town is about her travels on a Kawasaki Z11 into the dead zone which was once Chernobyl.
"I travel a lot and one of my favorite destinations leads North from Kiev, towards so called Chernobyl "dead zone", which is 130kms from my home. Why my favorite? Because one can take long rides there on empty roads." yeah right , one hardly likely to get grid locked around there. As she says later on "There are no commercial gas/petrol stations in the area, so the tank must be full and I check the fuel reserve and tire repair kit. I don't want to be marooned in the middle of nuclear desert."

This is a fascinating site with pictures of the dead zone which are quite amazing. Click on the link above or on the picture to go to the site

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home