Sign by Danasoft - Myspace Layouts and Signs

Saturday, April 09, 2005

A new HRT year begins

Thank you HRT to a very pleasant evening last night and congrats to JH on his appointment as chairman, I hope he enjoys it as much as I did nearly 10 years ago. By the way John, the way to handle a yard of Ale is to drink it and not to empty it over your head! The Three Swans by the way provided an excellent meal. Thanks to Jerry for being my crutch for the evening as I can't use my stick and I'll even forgive him for abandoned me outside the ladies loo, for some reason he wouldn't come in.
Well we met today at the Plume and chose our horses for the Grand National, I chose Simply Gifted, Dom went for Clan Royal and Bin backing the girlies went for Forest Gunner, of course I was the only one to insist my bet was to win whilst the sensible amongst of us went for an each way bet. The result – My horse was the only one to get a place, 3rd , but no cigar, let this be a lesson – especially at 66-1.
Now for an evening of watching the Masters.
Oh and Dom’s home from Nigeria and brought us some wonderful gifts, glad to have him home safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home