Sign by Danasoft - Myspace Layouts and Signs

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Is there anybody out there?

Echoing the words of Pink Floyd, apparently there is, I have received a number of requests to start blogging again and after a recent visit to my very excellent dentist who pointed out that it had been 4 months since I last posted, I have decided that I might contribute more regularly.
One of the reasons I stopped posting was that I beleived only 4 people actually read any of it. I judged this by the lack of comments submitted to the posts and then there came the spate of spam comments who just left links to various enhancement pills websites. (I get enough of these in my email).
Another reason for stopping was that I started this blog with the intention of being controversial concerning local topics, however the topics ran out (it's now fairly quite around here politically - in fact it's just plain quiet around here) and unless you lived in Hungerford you wouldn't have a clue what I was on about.

I will try and update anyone who is interested but I don't intend to go into detail today, however for the record:

I am dissapointed with the 6 Nations Rugby especially the England performance who are currently being outdone by The cricket team (at least they have won 2 matches).

The cold weather has prevented me from playing much golf this winter, however I have been able to get out every other weekend.

I now have 8 guitars, 6 of which are fully restored and on display, 1 nearly finished and 1 still bare wood and my bank account has suffere severe trauma as a result. God I wish I had never discovered Ebay!

The new home is great and a superb place to hide away for some peace and quiet. (now that the shooting season has finished) Although lambing on the farm next door starts on Saturday and we are all expected to pitch in - could be interesting.

I haven't written a word of the book since last August, this has to be a world record for writers block, though I have promised myself that I will start writing again when I finish the last guitar, that is unless I see another on ebay that takes my fancy.

Right that's enough Mr Nice guy, I shall have to sniff out some controvesy for future postings, we are approaching the Town Council AGM so that should produce some mirth. If anyone wants any dirt dished out locally......then do it yourself!

2 Comments:

At 12:10 am, Blogger Surly said...

Well, here's a comment. I always like seeing new comments on mine as well.

 
At 2:50 pm, Anonymous Birmingham Carpenters said...

Great read, thanks for writing this

 

Post a Comment

<< Home