Sign by Danasoft - Myspace Layouts and Signs

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

What a difference a day makes

Yesterday I spent a glorious day at The West Berkshire Golf club courtesy of Jimmy W. and Johnny the Fish playing in the Pheasant Inn annual Society day. The sun shone, I had a buggy with GPS Sat Nav and a beer bottle holder. A non golf player even undertook to drive a buggy stacked with booze in a cooler box. I don't know whether it was the former of the fact that West Berks is one of the longest in the South that contributed to us taking 6 hours to get around! Playing in our group with a splendid 42 points ( not bad off 16) Ryan one the day - I didn't even come close,but had and excellent front 9 , the wheels just fell off on the second 9. I lost 2 balls both in the same lake one after another on the 13th, just after I'd announced that I had lost a ball yet!
The point is the weather was superb, not a drop of rain all day and then look at today - mid winter -It better cheer up by the weekend, I've put my waterproofs away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home