Sign by Danasoft - Myspace Layouts and Signs

Monday, July 09, 2007

Live Earth

Whilst I can't comment on the other concert venues but basically I thought the UK concert at Wembly was a load of crap, with the exception of the FooFighters and Red Hot Chillies.Maybe I'm a bit concerted out after Glastonbury, Concert for Diana, Live Earth and T in the Park, however I'm not a big Madona fan and I hardly think that staging seven concerts around the world is a good way to promote global warming awareness.
I know many people will have diferent views on this and I know that each of the venues tried to keep their Co2 emissions below 1500 tonnes, but that's 1500 tonnes more than if the concerts wern't held at all.The same message could be got across by showing Al Gore's film in every cinema in every country before every film.
If you want to help save the planet, just go paperless. Do not buy news papers with all the junk that comes with them especially at weekends and as for those free CD/DVD's 90% of them end up in the bin just think of the energy and material used to produce them and they're not bio degradable.
However I'm probably as guilty as most of the people who either watched or attended these concerts in that I was more interested in the music than the message and I was certainly disappointed with the music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home