Sign by Danasoft - Myspace Layouts and Signs

Monday, April 05, 2004

Golfing matters and ...

I hope Grocer Jack enjoyed his golf weekend away and his drives found fairways, his pitches found greens and his puts holed and enjoyed Multiple Guinnesses after. I had a reasonable round on Sunday Morning for our Medal Match, although we had a 30 minute delay to tee off due to the heavy rain the night before, however even though I had several pars - 2, 8's and a 9 ruined my card and with the high winds I struggled to physically get round with my legs giving out by the 17th and having to be dragged up the hill of the 18th by Paul, but parring with a single put in front of the club house made it worth while. Paul and Chris have declared that it is time I got a ride on buggy as I'm slowing everyone up- Finally think they're right.

For Christmas I treated myself with a new Taylor Made R580 Driver. Everyone else seems to have one and It was hailed as the club of the year and was guaranteed to add 30 yards to your drives. We ll I've persevered since Xmas but never been able to achieve the distances of my old club a 7 year old Taylor Made TI- Bubble. Well I put my old club in the bargain bin in the pro shop incase someone wanted to buy it and on Sunday it was still there, so I thought I'd give it another chance and equaled my partners drives and certainly outdistanced my new club. So much for COE technology, it just goes to show just because a club cost £300 its not going to make you a better golfer.

Had a flutter on the Grand National, Picked Smarty because he was ridden by the son of a Trainer I used to go to school with. Being the Grand National forms nothing to go on but I should have at least checked the odds first, I made my bet and got- 150/1, never mind at least he finshed coming in 6th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home