Sign by Danasoft - Myspace Layouts and Signs

Monday, May 02, 2005

Ebay or not to Ebay

My first foray into the world of Ebay. I’ve decided to get rid of some of my Duran Duran stuff. However if your not familiar with the Ebay format, then registering to sell an item is a nightmare, especially selecting the precise category in which you wish to advertise your sale, opening a PayPal account and registering all your most intimate details especially those of your bank account and credit card – and you have pay! – I only thought that you paid commission on what you sold –if you sold. No you pay for a big photo, a small photo, a bold entry, a secondary line entry et al.
So I am selling two items both with a reserve of £250 but I do not hold out much hope as I think that there is as much chance of someone finding my items for sale as there is of Osama Bin Laden shagging Camilla Parker Bowles (but there again).
The only drawback with Ebay is that it’s so vast that you can easily get distracted. I’ve ended up bidding for an item that could possibly out price those for which I’m selling - a very old and battered Gibson E355 guitar that would make a wonderful restoration project, as I write the bid has 95 minutes to go and whilst I am the highest bidder so far I am below the reserve price. I will let you know the outcome tomorrow along with my thoughts and opinions on Saturday’s Dr Who episode of which I have plenty so say, unfortunately the bank holiday has got the better of me and another bootle of Macon is calling for me and a rather excellent radio documentary on Eric Clapton -so goodbyeeeeeeeeeeeeeee1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home