Sign by Danasoft - Myspace Layouts and Signs

Thursday, February 05, 2004

Slight Gripe

I'm just listening to the minister of Health - John Reid- on Radio 4 discussing the cost of smoking related illnesses to the National Health Service and how more such be done to reduce smoking.

Now I am an occasional, social smoker. I enjoy a cigarette with a pint, after a meal and after sex, the latter meaning I have virtually given up, and I usually smoke in the privacy of my own home or in the company of other smokers (which makes the after sex bit more interesting) However smoking causes, heart disease and respiratory problems and the Government's efforts to get us to quit is print in very bold letters across cigarette packets: SMOKING KILLS or SMOKING CAN CAUSE HEART DISEASE, CANCER AND DIABETES.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the government has just stated that 1 in 5 of us are overweight. OBESITY KILLS, OBESITY CAUSES HEART ATTACKS, CANCER AND DIABETES. Costing our health service 10 times that of smoking related diseases, but do you see warnings stuck on MacDonalds, Burger King and over fast food products which are fast shortening the lives of young people today.

Its quite simple: POOR DIETS KILL! STOP EATING CRAP FOOD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home