Sign by Danasoft - Myspace Layouts and Signs

Friday, July 09, 2004

Well what goes around.............

One of the reasons I have not been posting so often recently is, in between working, I have been researching my family history. Over the last three weeks I have got back to my Great, great,great,great Grandfather born in Penzance in 1751, and have been able to identify all offspring and marriages since then. This has been entirely possible due to a relative I didn't know existed. It turns out that there is a mirror branch of my paternal family in Australia and have been able to be in touch via email with my direct cousin. My grandfather had a cousin who emigrated to OZ in 1889, and it's been thanks to my cousin's wife who had done the research from their side that I've been able to fill in the blanks.
If anyone is considering researching their family tree - believe me it's time consuming and obsessive. I've only done one side of my paternal grand parents. There are three others to go, but I've found some good links on the net to get started so if anyone wants any hints then contact me.
Anyway I'm now going to have to reconsider my stance regarding the Australians and Rugby - it's bad enough being born in Wales.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home