Sign by Danasoft - Myspace Layouts and Signs

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Where's my Shirt


Scientists have shown that the bubbles in a pint of Guinness really do move down instead of up. To mark St Patrick's Day, a team of Scottish and US researchers has produced video evidence to show the bubbles being dragged to the bottom of the glass. An earlier study concluded that the phenomenon may only have been an optical illusion. If you're really that bored you can read the report here

However whilst we are on the subject of Guinness, which happens to be my choice of pint, they have been running a promotion, during the 6 Nations test , on 4 pack cans whereby you collect 3 tokens and send of a cheque for £9.95 and in return you will receive a top quality Cotton Traders Black Rugby shirt with emblazoned with the Guinness logo - simple. The promotion is supposed to run until June and I have 2 Tokens and my cheque all ready. Unfortunately when I went to buy my weekend supply and collect my 3rd token I found only plain 4 packs - non promotion packs therefore I am one token short of a shirt! and not happy.
On enquiry to the Supermarket employee ( 16 year old, acne covered, spiky hair) It was suggested that as it was St Patricks day there had been a great demand on Guinness.Then why were the remaing 4 packs without Shirt promotion? "Dunno" he replied. Will the new stock be carrying the promotion? "Dunno" he replied. I will have to wait and see.
In the meantime if anyone has a spare token let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home