Sign by Danasoft - Myspace Layouts and Signs

Monday, February 23, 2004

Six Nations


A thoroughly pleasant weekend although I thought that the Wales v Ireland game was disappointing yesterday. I was looking forward to an even matched game with a close but hard fought ending. However the Irish (whom I've always thought were one of the strongest sides) absolutely decimated the Welsh defense which seem to collapse as the game went on. With 4 Irish tries in the first half it was all over bar the shouting. However Wales fought back valiantly at the end with a consolation try.

A good result from England against Scotland on Saturday although obviously harder than Italy, produced a good resulting score but lackluster rugby,we need to tighten up our forwards - remember the French are coming! Incidentally I have found the official 6 Nations web site, just click on the logo above.

Well if I thought Wales played bad it was nothing to my golf on Sunday. A freezing morning with a biting easterly wind that almost cut your knackers off, combined with green frozen so solid, I was surprised not to see an Eskimo sitting over the hole with a fishing rod, resulted in the most awful putting possible. Last week I couldn't miss, this week I couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo!

Thank you to Nigel for an excellent evening on Saturday, most excellent food.

For anyone who's interested locally, my son Dominic is playing for Oxfordshire v Berkshire at Newbury next Sunday 29th, kick off 2.00pm. He 's managed to get himself back from skiing in Italy without breaking anything. I'll be in the bar at 12.30 if anyone fancies one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home