Sign by Danasoft - Myspace Layouts and Signs

Sunday, January 18, 2004

Tendjewberrymud (Thai fronglais- for Thank you very much)

I found this most amusing, its an actual telephone conversation between a guest in a Thailand hotel and room service and was recorded and published in the Far East Economic Review:

Room Service: Morny. Ruin sorbess
Guest: Sorry, I thought I dialled room service.
RS: Rye. Ruin sorbess. Morny! Dewish to odor sunteen?
G: Uh…yes…I’d like some bacon and eggs.
RS: Ow july den?
G: What?
RS: Ow july den…pryed, boy, pooch?
G: Oh the eggs, How do I like them? Sorry, scrambled please.
RS: Ow july dee baycem. Crease?
G: Crisp will be fine
RS: Hokay. An san toes
G: What?
RS: San tos. July san toes?
G: I don’t think so
RS: No? Judo one toes?
G: I feel really bad about this, but I don’t know what “judo one toes” means.
RS: Toes! Toes!....why juw don won toes? Ow bow singlish mopping wif bother?
G: English muffin! I’ve got it you were saying ‘Toast’. Fine. Yes, an English .muffin would be fine
RS: We Bother?
G: No. Just put bother on the side.
RS: Wad?
G: I mean butter. Just put it on the side.
RS: Copy?
G: Sorry?
RS: Copy? Tea, Milk?
G: Yes. Coffee please, and that’s all
RS: One Minnie. Ass ruin torino fee, strangle ache, crease baycem, tossy singlish mopping we bother honey sigh and copy. Rye??
G: Whatever you say
RS: Tendjewberrymud
G: You welcome

Oh well it made me laugh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home