Sign by Danasoft - Myspace Layouts and Signs

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Phone Masts

Quin Parker posted yesterday an item concerning mortgages and phone masts. Basically the Cheltenham and Gloucester building society refused to lend a mortgage on a property because the master bedroom had a mobile phone mast directly above it. As Quin says I don't think anyone's actually published results that prove adverse effects from mobile phone mast radiation. What do the Cheltenham and Gloucester know about mobile phone masts that we don't?
Personally I don't have a problem with mobile masts, however what I do have a problem with is in this age of, video phones,camera phones, G3 phones that receive email and GPRS - I can't get a sodding signal in the middle of Hungerford or within 2 miles East. If I go west I have to wait until I get to Swindon before I can make a call.
I'm with BT mobile which offer a very good tarrif with 100 free minutes a month, I'm not a big user of mobiles, only making a mobile call when absolutely necessary, but when I do want to make a call I can never get a signal. I spend more in petrol than I do on calls driving around looking for coverage. BT's customer services called me the other day and asked why I didn't use up my free air time, apparently I've accumulated 600 minutes of free air time.
You can Imagine what I said

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home